Who's Watching Your Back Gate?
The South Dakota Cattlemen's Association
- Protecting Your Herd -
Interested in joining SDCA? Print, fill out, and mail a membership application to:
215 E. Prospect Ave.
Pierre, SD 57501
Your SDCA membership pays with the following benefits:
- Knowledgeable staff to be your eyes, ears and voice at numerous meetings and events. SDCA leadership and staff have developed working relationships with state agency personnel and lawmakers to ensure you have a voice at the state capitol.
- A full time lobbyist representing you in Pierre. all SDCA policy is member directed. SDCA staff develop and monitor state and federal legislation to benefit South Dakota cattle producers.
- Protecting South Dakota’s beef industry from environmental and animal activist threats.
- Reliable, timely information on issues affecting cattlemen. The South Dakota Cattleman magazine, published bi-monthly, provides an in-depth look at the issues and provides advertising opportunities for you business. The bi-weekly e-mail bulletin keeps you up-to-date on breaking news and upcoming events.
- Preserving the ranching life by protecting private property rights, reducing tax burdens and limiting government regulations.
- Protecting the health of South Dakota’s livestock by working with the Animal Industry Board to educate producers and monitor animal health threats.
- Educational, social, and networking events as well as scholarship programs for young producers.
- Beef promotion opportunities and trained staff to serve as media liaisons.
- Opportunity to direct local, state and national association policies and network with fellow cattlemen by participating in meetings and events.
- SDCA works closely with NCBA to lobby on your behalf in Washington, SD. Our partners in DC are considered a credible, reliable source of timely information regarding key issues and current events.
Click To Download...
General Membership Form
Student Membership Form